Canadian Fishing / Hunting Chat Forum » Sioux Lookout/ Savant-Pickle Lake/Armstrong Fly-In » Uchi Lake Lodge

Page: [1]

rgonnering6-6-2006 21:02
Uchi Lake Lodge

I was a guest at Uchi Lake Lodge for the last number of years in the month of June and found the accomodations and fishing adventure to be outstanding. I have very high compliments to Judy and her staff for a fishing vacation to remember. Shore lunch was always great every day. Fishing for large walleyes was super and the number of fish caught over 25 inches was unbelievable. The food prepared everyday at the lodge was the best. Thank You Judy and staff and looking forward to seeing you all again soon.

Bruce D.6-6-2006 21:03
This year will be my 4th trip to Uchi Lake Lodge and every time I come back the fishing just seems to get better. The accomodations are fantastic. We enjoyed shore lunches as well as great food at breakfast and dinner. Judy and her staff seem to go out of their way to make sure your stay is the best it can be. Myself and friends have both been to other Canadian fishing trips, but nothing like Uchi Lake. See you this summer!

6-6-2006 21:03
This was our first year at Uchi and it was fantastic. The fishing was great but more than that it was the staff and their hospitality. If you needed something they would be their in a heart beat to get you whatever you needed. To tell you the truth it would be hard press to get me to go back if the same people werent there again. So everyone keep up the good work and we plan on seeing you again.. Terry

Liz, Noah, Mona, and Judy made things very comfortable and easy. It is the people, and here are some good ones here. Recommend going to meet them.

JR

We went to Uchi Lake Lodge for the first time this year at the end of June 2005. The accomodations were very good and the staff went out of their way to make us feel welcome. More importantly, the fishing was excellent! We caught a lot of large walleye and several large pike. We have already booked again for next year.

I've been to Uchi a few times and each experience has been great. It seems our group gets larger each time as the folks back home are jealous of our adventure. The food, hospitality, accommodations and expecially the Walleyes have all been superb. I look forward to returning to Uchi again.

Horray for Uchi Lake

Had the best fishing trip of my life...and I have been going for ten plus years...the fishing is excellent and the accomadations are great...food is good..but the best is the shre lunch...off your stringer and into the pan..and all you have to do is catch the fish...which is no problem.

Making plans for 2006 already...can not wait to come back...best of all it is so relaxing...the staff is excellent.

See you in 2006 Uchi Lake, Judy and staff!

6-6-2006 21:04
A sincere thank you to those who have posted their reports. 2006 is up and running with the Hogenson party outfishing the rest. One boat released 30 walleye in a 2 hour period this morning. Wil
l have their full report later this evening. All in all, a great start, good weather and great fishing!!!!!!!

7-28-2006 20:12
FISH THE BEST

Hey Judy,
    Thanks for everything, everyone had a great trip. Here's a few pic's including Dan McGowans 44 incher caught the night before we went home.
                             Bruce DeLuca

7-28-2006 20:13
First Timer to Uchi Lake Lodge

>Hi Judy,
>  We had a great time at Uchi in June. You and your staff meet and
>exceeded our expectations. When going to a lake for the first time
>you never know what to expect, let me tell you we were very pleased
>with the total experience. We have been going to Canada for the last
>15 years thru different outfitters, those experiences were good but
>they sure don't compare to Uchi. You truly have a special place. We
>want to come back in 2007, we would like to come again the first or
>second week of June. Check your open dates for me and let me know
>what will be available. Starting June 9th for 5 days would be good
>if available. I will try to put a party of six together.
>Thanks for the wonderful trip.
>Kenny Sackett
>Des Moines, IA

7-28-2006 20:23
THE SHAD RAP GROUP alias Vanswol Party

SHAD RAP GROUP

Eisen, Kolling, Diddia and VanSwol - better known as the “Shad Rap Group” started in the mid- 1960’s with Don Eisen and Bill Kolling; the group has been coming to Canada annually ever since.

In 1988 they established a permanent traveling Shad Rap Trophy awarded to the fisherman with the highest total points for fish caught during the week’s fishing.  Points are awarded on an increasing basis - based on size beginning with a 20” walleye and a 27” northern.

After 30+ years of drive to resorts and 10 years of fly-in vacations with other outfitters, the group came to Uchi Lake for the first time in 2003.  Prior to that time, the highest total points to win the Shad Rap Trophy was 32k.  Since coming to Uchi Lake, the point winners have totaled 45, 90 and 89 respectively with this year’s winner yet to be determined.  

To date and our trip is not over until Thursday, June 15th our count is as follows:

Don - 29” W, 26” W
Bill - 28” W, 28” W
Ron - 28”W,
Chuck - 26” W
Tom - 24” W

TOTAL WALLYES WE CAUGHT between 20 - 29” came to 106 Walleye.

7-28-2006 20:23
FISH THE BEST

Hey Judy,
    Thanks for everything, everyone had a great trip. Here's a few pic's including Dan McGowans 44 incher caught the night before we went home.
                             Bruce DeLuca

7-28-2006 20:29
Vanswol Party - Alias "THE SHAD RAP GROUP"

SHAD RAP GROUP

Eisen, Kolling, Diddia and VanSwol - better known as the “Shad Rap Group” started in the mid- 1960’s with Don Eisen and Bill Kolling; the group has been coming to Canada annually ever since.

In 1988 they established a permanent traveling Shad Rap Trophy awarded to the fisherman with the highest total points for fish caught during the week’s fishing.  Points are awarded on an increasing basis - based on size beginning with a 20” walleye and a 27” northern.

After 30+ years of drive to resorts and 10 years of fly-in vacations with other outfitters, the group came to Uchi Lake for the first time in 2003.  Prior to that time, the highest total points to win the Shad Rap Trophy was 32k.  Since coming to Uchi Lake, the point winners have totaled 45, 90 and 89 respectively with this year’s winner yet to be determined.  

To date and our trip is not over until Thursday, June 15th our count is as follows:

Don - 29” W, 26” W
Bill - 28” W, 28” W
Ron - 28”W,
Chuck - 26” W
Tom - 24” W

TOTAL WALLYES WE CAUGHT between 20 - 29” came to 106 Walleye.

View Full Version: Uchi Lake Lodge